- Online Shop
- Gift Certificates
- Gift Certificate - Applied Skills Stage 2 (Beginners)
Gift Certificate - Applied Skills Stage 2 (Beginners)
This part of the beginners course is for those who decide that they really do want to keep bees. It will entail attendance at our Association Apiary for practical sessions. There the student will be shown by experienced beekeepers how to look after the student's bees. These sessions will probably take place on Saturday mornings during the Summer months and are usually from 10am to 1pm, but if the numbers warrant it, they may also be held on an evening during the week - dates and times to be confirmed. Because you will be attending our Association apiary it will be necessary for you to become a member of our Association. This is so that you will be covered by insurance for entering our apiary and working with the bees.
The fee for this part of the Course includes:
- membership of Louth Beekeepers’ Association
- membership of FIBKA (Federation of Irish Beekeepers' Associations)
- FIBKA Applied Skills, Stage 2 log book.
- liability insurance
- An Beachaire magazine (a beekeeping magazine produced by FIBKA every month)
The log book is used to track what the student learns, where a senior beekeeper signs off when they have mastered each skill. We are in the process of addressing how this should be approached and this will be finalised soon.